Besan bhindi recipe is a very easy Rajasthani dish prepared with simple ingredients. Made with bhindi, gram flour, and spices, this recipe is a perfect blend of aroma and spicy flavors. You can also serve this recipe as a side dish and serve it with rice and chapatis. So, try out this simple recipe at home and enjoy with your family and friends.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Ingredients needed for besan bhindi recipe:
- Bhindi (Okra)- 250 grams
- Gram flour- 4 tablespoons
- Coriander powder- 1 teaspoon
- Dry mango powder- 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric- 1/4th teaspoon
- Garam masala powder- 1/4th teaspoon
- Salt- as per requirement
- Water- 1/2 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil- 3 tablespoons
- Ghee- 1/2 tablespoon
- Ginger- 1/2 inch
- Lemon juice- 1/2 tablespoon
- Sugar- 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves- 1 teaspoon
Now, how to make besan bhindi:
- First, slice the ginger in a bowl and mix it with water, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Now, keep these ginger slices aside for 35-40 minutes.
- In the meantime, wash bhindi and remove the top and tips.
- Then, make two or three slits in each okra.
- After that, take a kadhai and place it on a medium flame.
- Add 3 tablespoons of oil to it and heat.
- Now, add the bhindi slits to the kadhai and shallow fry them.
- Once the bhindi turns crisp and brown, place them on a kitchen paper to absorb excess oil.
- Then, in the same kadhai add ghee.
- Once the ghee starts to melt add gram flour to it and fry till it turns light brown in color.
- After that, add the fried bhindi to the kadhai and mix.
- Now, add coriander powder, turmeric, dry mango powder, and red chili powder.
- Again, mix all the ingredients and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now, add salt to the kadhai with some water.
- Stir well and cook for another 2 to 5 minutes.
- Add garam masala on top and stir.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves and add a dash of lemon juice.
- And your besan bhindi is ready to be served.