We can’t even imagine our world without having to eat mangoes in summers, and it feels like the luckiest day when we get to taste various mango delicacies on a single day.
Last time we told you a different way to make mango shake, with a twist of Mastani, and now, in this article, we are going to tell you a simple way to make a delicious mango ice cream at home, without much of a fuss of getting an ice cream maker.
PREPARATION TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 45 MINUTES + TIME TO SET
• 1 cup of Milk
• 3 cups of Cream
• 1 cup of Pureed Mango
• 1 cup of diced Mango cubes
• 1 tablespoon of Custard Powder
• 1 tablespoon of Vanilla
• 360 grams or 1 cup of Sugar
HOW TO PREPARE:
1. Take a small bowl and mix the custard powder add ¼ cup of milk in it. Set aside.
2. Now take a pan and put it on the high flame. Heat the remaining milk and sugar in it.
3. Then, add the custard mixture when the milk and sugar mixture comes to a boil. Bring to boil again and then simmer for the next 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and keep the pan aside to cool at room temperature.
4. Now add mango pieces, mango puree, vanilla and cream into the cooled mixture. Mix all the ingredients well and store in an air-tight container.
5. Freeze the mixture until it’s almost set, and take out from the freezer. Now beat it with a hand beater and freeze it again.
6. Take out again before it’s almost set and whip it once again, and set back in the freezer one more time.
7. Now let it get completely frozen and take out right before serving.
8. Garnish with mango slices and mint leaves to an exotic taste.
*Note: You can also use an ice cream machine, and follow the instructions as per the instruction manual to freeze the ice cream.