North Indians love to experiment with their food and invent amazing finger-licking delicious recipes instead. As a result of one of those experiments, they created Dahi Bhindi, a dish prepared from curd, ladyfingers (Bhindi) and delicious spices. This recipe is great for serving at the lunch or dinner time, with warm roti.
In this article, you will learn the simple yet amazing recipe for making Dahi Bhindi, perfect to serve at dinner parties or kitties.
Also read: How to Make Spicy Bhindi Fry
PREPARATION TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 15 MINUTES
• 200 grams of Ladyfingers (Bhindi)
• ¼ teaspoon of Turmeric Powder
• ½ teaspoon of Red Chili Powder
• 1 tablespoon of Salt
• 1 tablespoon of Gram Flour (Besan)
• ½ teaspoon of Cumin Seeds
• ½ teaspoon of Coriander Powder
• ½ teaspoon of Dry Mango Powder
• 2 tablespoons of Refined Oil
• 1 cup of Plain Yogurt or Curd (Dahi)
HOW TO PREPARE:
1. First of all, wash the bhindi thoroughly under the running water. Then wipe each bhindi using a kitchen towel to dry them well.
2. Now, chop the bhindis into 1-inch long pieces.
3. Next, take a pan and pour oil in it, turn on the medium-high flame.
4. Now add cumin seeds to the heated oil and let them splutter.
5. Then add bhindi into the pan and mix well. Place the lid cover and let it cook for another 2 minutes on low flame.
6. Now, remove the lid and add dry mango powder, salt, coriander powder, turmeric powder and red chili powder into the pan. Mix well again.
7. Stir fry the Bhindi for 3-4 minutes or until cooked.
8. Now take another clean non-stick pan and roast the besan in it, until it turns lightly brown from yellow.
9. Then, add the roasted besan to the cooked bhindi and cook for 2-3 minutes further and then add dahi to the dish as well. Cook for another 1 minutes.
10. Serve hot with steamed rice or warm roti.
Also Read: How to Make: Spicy Mix Veg