The festival of lights, Diwali is around the corner and when we talk after festivals how can we forget sweets. There are many famous sweet recipes for Diwali but there is one sweet dish that one should definitely try Chana dal burfi. This amazing delicacy is made with milk, raisins, saffron, ghee and chana dal. The best thing about this recipe is that you can make it in very short span of time.
So, let’s get started with the recipe.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Ingredients needed for Chana dal burfi:
• Chana dal- 1 1/4th cup
• Saffron strands- 3
• Milk- 2 cups
• Green cardamom powder- 1 teaspoon
• Ghee- 6 tablespoons
• Sugar- 6 tablespoons
• Raisins- 4 tablespoons (chopped)
• Almonds- 4 tablespoons (chopped)
• Water- as per requirement
Now, how to make Chana dal burfi.
• First, wash and clean the chana dal and then transfer it into a bowl.
• Now, soak the dal in water for 2 hours.
• Then, drain the water and keep the soaked dal aside.
• After that add the soaked dal to the grinder and form a paste.
• Keep the paste aside.
• Now, heat ghee on low flame.
• Then, add the chana dal paste to the pan.
• Stir the paste continuously for 10 minutes.
• Now, add raisins, milk and hot water to the pan.
• Then, increase the flame and keep stirring the mixture.
• Add sugar, cardamom powder and saffron strands to the mixture.
• Stir the mixture again and let it cook for 5 minutes.
• After that turn off the flame.
• In the meantime butter a flat tray and evenly spread the mixture.
• Garnish the mixture with raisins and almonds.
• Your Chana dal burfi is ready to be served.