Dahi curry recipe is a very simple dish that you can easily prepare at home by using a few ingredients. This dish is prepared with some simple ingredients that you can easily find in your kitchen. So, try this simple recipe now and beat the heat.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Ingredients needed for dahi curry:
- Buttermilk- 2 cups
- Curry leaves- 10 leaves (minced)
- Asafoetida- 1 pinch
- Red chili (dry)- 2
- Cumin seeds- 1/4th teaspoon
- Fenugreek seeds- 1/4th teaspoon
- Mustard seeds- 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil- 2 teaspoons
- Coriander leaves- 1 teaspoon (chopped)
- Green chili- 1 (chopped)
- Ginger- 1 inch (chopped)
- Salt- as required
- Turmeric- 1/2 teaspoon
- Gram flour- 2 tablespoons
Now, how to make dahi curry:
- First, take a bowl and add 2 cups of buttermilk to it.
- Now, add 2 tablespoons of gram flour, 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric and salt to it.
- Mix all the ingredients properly to a creamy consistency.
- In the meantime, place a pan over medium flame and add oil to it.
- Then, add mustard seeds to the pan.
- Once the seeds start to splutter, add cumin seeds, asafoetida, fenugreek seeds, red chili, and curry leaves to it.
- Stir well and add the chopped coriander, ginger and green chilies to the pan.
- Saute all the ingredients for a minute.
- Now, add the buttermilk to the pan and mix well.
- Keep stirring for 5 minutes and turn off the flame.
- And your dahi curry is ready to be served.