Potato rolls recipe is a very simple snack recipe that you can easily prepare at home. This recipe is prepared with mashed potatoes, flour, and various other spices. And you can also serve this appetizing vegetarian snack on various occasions like birthday parties, kitty parties or get-togethers. So, try making this simple recipe at home and enjoy with your family and friends.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Ingredients needed for the potato rolls recipe:
- Flour- 1 cup
- Red chilli powder- 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil- 2 cups
- Water- as per requirement
- Potatoes- 8
- Salt- as per requirement
- Cumin powder- 1/2 tablespoon
- Dry mango powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder- 1 tablespoon
- Green chilli- 1
Now, how to make potato rolls:
- Take a bowl and mix flour with 1/2 teaspoon of red chilli powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon of oil.
- Now, add some water to the bowl and mix all the ingredients properly to form a soft dough.
- In the meantime, pressure cook potatoes with some water and salt.
- Then, peel and mash the potatoes once they are cooked.
- Add cumin powder, red chilli powder, dry mango powder, 1 chopped green chilli and coriander powder to the mashed potatoes.
- Mix all the ingredients properly.
- Now, divide the flour dough into 8 portions and roll them into chapatis with the help of a rolling pin.
- Then, spread the potato mixture over the chapati and roll them from one end to other.
- Cut the roll into 1 inch thick pieces.
- In the meantime, take a deep bottomed pan and add 2 cups of vegetable oil to it.
- Heat the oil over medium flame and add the roll pieces and deep fry them.
- Cook till the roll turn golden brown in color.
- Once cooked place them on tissue paper to soak excess oil.
- And your potato rolls are ready to be served.