Sundal is basically a traditional South Indian recipe which one can easily prepare at home. Today, in this article, we have shared peri peri sundal recipe which is prepared by using the simple ingredients which include, coconut, coriander leaves, rajma, green chili and with the marination of cumin seeds, bird’s eye chilies, and coriander leaves, giving this traditional dish a unique twist. So, try out this recipe at home and enjoy with your family and friends.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Ingredients needed for peri peri sundal recipe:
- Rajma (soaked)- 500 grams
- Salt- as per requirement
- Water- as per requirement
- Vegetable oil- 2 tablespoons
- Mustard seeds- 1 tablespoon
- Urad dal- 1 tablespoon
- Curry leaves- 1 handful
- Asafoetida- 1 pinch
- Grated coconut- 3 tablespoons
- Green chilies- 2
- Ginger- 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 tablespoon
- Bird’s eye chilies- 10
- Red bell pepper- 1
- Coriander seeds- 10 grams
- Cumin seeds- 10 grams
- Black pepper – as per requirement
- Lemon juice- 25 ml
- Coriander leaves- 30 grams
Now, how to make peri peri sandal:
- Take a pressure cooker and add the soaked rajma in it with sufficient amount of water.
- Now, close the lid and pressure cook it over a low flame until the first whistle.
- Then, turn off the flame and transfer the beans to a medium-size bowl.
- After that, take a blender jar and add coriander leaves, green chilies, cumin seeds, grated coconut, and ginger.
- Now, grind all the ingredients to form a ground masala.
- Then, transfer the masala into a small bowl.
- In the meantime chop red bell peppers and coriander leaves.
- After that, prepare marination by blending chopped bell peppers with bird’s eye chilies.
- Now, add salt, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, and black pepper to the jar.
- Then, blend all the ingredients properly to form a smooth paste.
- Take a non-stick pan and add some oil to it and heat over medium flame.
- Add mustard seeds to the pan and once it starts to crackle add curry leaves and urad dal to the pan.
- After that, add asafoetida to the pan and cook it for a minute.
- Now, add the cooked rajma to the pan and stir.
- Then, add peri peri marination that you have prepared earlier over the rajma.
- Saute all the ingredients for a minute.
- Add the ground masala to the pan.
- Again saute all the ingredients and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now, turn off the flame and pour the lemon juice on the top.
- Then, garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
- And your peri peri sandal is ready to be served.