Churma recipe is a very popular Rajasthani sweet recipe served with dal bati. The best thing about this recipe is that you can easily prepare it at home with some simple ingredients. So, if you also want to try something different and unique then, this recipe is perfect for you.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Ingredients needed for churma recipe:
- Wheat flour- 1 cup
- Semolina- 4 tablespoons
- Ghee- 10 tablespoons
- Sugar powder- 1/2 cup
- Refined oil- 1 1/2 cup
- Milk- as per requirement
- Chopped dry fruits- 4 tablespoons
Now, how to make churma:
- To prepare this delicious dish, first take a large bowl.
- Now, add semolina with wheat flour.
- Mix them well and add 4 tablespoons of ghee to the mixture.
- Then, crumble the mixture with your hands.
- After that, slowly add milk to the mixture and knead a dough.
- Now, cover the mixture using a cotton cloth and keep aside for a while.
- Once the dough becomes hard, place it on a hard surface and divide it into equal parts in the shape of balls.
- Then, gently press the balls to flatten them.
- Repeat the same with rest of the balls.
- In the meantime, heat some oil in a pan.
- Now, slowly drop the churma balls in the pan and deep fry them.
- Once the balls turn crispy brown in color, place them on a separate plate.
- Let them cool down at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Then, add these churma balls in a grinder jar and form a smooth powder.
- After that, add the churma powder in a bowl with sugar and mix well.
- Garnish it with dry fruits.
- And your churma is ready to be served.