Onion masala fry recipe is a very simple North Indian recipe that you can easily prepare at home. This side dish is prepared with onions and lots of spices that you can easily pair with roti and parathas. So, try out this simple recipe at home and enjoy.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Ingredients needed for onion masala fry recipe:
• Onion (chopped)- 500 grams
• Red chili powder- 2 teaspoons
• Garam masala powder- 2 teaspoons
• Turmeric- 1 pinch
• Cumin seeds- 1/4th teaspoon
• Mustard seeds- 1/4th teaspoon
• Salt- 1/2 teaspoon
• Oil- 2 teaspoons
Now, how to make onion masala fry:
• First, heat some oil in the pan over a medium flame.
• Now, add cumin and mustard seeds to the pan and fry for 30 seconds.
• Then, add the chopped onions and stir.
• Once the onions turn light brown in color, add turmeric, red chili powder, and salt.
• Mix all the ingredients properly and cook for a while.
• After that, add garam masala on the top and stir.
• Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
• And your onion masala fry is ready to be served.