Bored of usual dhokla recipe? Then, you need to try this simple and easy rava dhokla recipe at home. This simple and healthy alternative of dhokla is very tasty and can be prepared in just a few minutes. So, try out this at home and enjoy with your family and friends.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Also read: Try This Quick Spicy Coconut Noodles Recipe
Ingredients needed for rava dhokla recipe:
- Semolina- 1 cup
- Yogurt- 1/2 cup
- Sugar- 1 dash
- Salt- as per requirement
- Oil- 1 tablespoon
- Baking soda- 1/2 teaspoon
- Ginger paste- 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
- Black sesame seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry leaves- 1 handful
- Coconut- 1/2 tablespoon
Now, how to make rava dhokla recipe:
- First, dry roast semolina for 2-3 minutes in a non-stick pan.
- Now, remove the semolina from the pan and keep it aside.
- Then, take a separate bowl and add sugar, curd, ginger paste, salt, and cooking soda to it.
- After that add some oil to it.
- Mix all the ingredients properly by adding roasted semolina to it and form a thick batter.
- In the meantime, apply some oil to the pan.
- Now, add the batter to the pan and steam cook for 20 minutes.
- Then, remove the dhokla pan from steam and keep it aside for a while.
- After that, take a separate pan and heat some oil in it.
- Add coconut, mustard seeds, curry leaves, and sesame seeds to the pan.
- Cook it for 30 seconds.
- Now, pour the tempering over the cooked dhokla.
- Then, cut them into pieces.
- And your rava dhokla is ready to be served.