The season is hot but do not let it ruin your special day! You are ready to take the plunge with the love of your life and obviously, you have to look your best with everything. From clothes to makeup, every detail should be on point. Summer bridal makeup is tricky as it is prone to meltdown due to the excessive heat and humidity. Hence, a bride needs to be extra careful with her makeup in this scorching hot season. We know you are looking for some helpful tips for your D-day makeup and so we have covered a few important areas in this article, such as:
• Best colors for summer bridal wear
• How to become the coolest summer bride?
• Choosing the right fabric for your bridal wear
• Wedding shopping guide
Flaunt your cool side in this hot season and read these points to make the most out of your summer wedding.
#1. Choosing the right summery shade
It is not necessary that you wear only deep and dark red-hued shades in your wedding! Though red color is classic for marriages but you definitely have the option to skip it for your summer wedding. It is better if you go for cool & soothing colors like ice blue, pastel pink, toasted almond and sea green. Just put your shades on and you would certainly look like a cool bride.
#2. Select the fabric wisely
Eminent designers suggest opting for soft, light and flowy silhouettes for a summer wedding function. Satin, Chanderi silk, Organza, Chiffon, Net, Crepe are some of the rich and lightweight fabrics that are just perfect for your bridal dress. These breathable materials would help you beat the heat while adding a feminine charm to your entire look.
#3. Heavy embellishments are outdated!
Keep those heavily embellished dresses aside for a while as they will only make you feel suffocated in this hot and stuffy weather. It is highly recommended that you select outfits with either minimal or lightweight embellishments. In case you want to mix them both, you can get the border heavily-embellished instead of the whole for a new and refreshing look.
#4. Try the fusion trend with your dresses
Gone are the days of wearing the typical red lehengas, time to experiment with your look and give it a trendy twist. The modern-day bride loves to recreate looks which makes her stand out from the rest. We see a lot of brides wearing Indo-western outfits for their wedding ceremonies. You can do that too! Just play with colors, patterns and styles to create your own version. The trick here is to keep it chick and minimal.
#5. How to get the best long-lasting summer wedding makeup?
After you are sorted with the dressing part, here comes the most challenging part, bridal makeup. Summers make it even more difficult to keep the makeup in place. Artists have to work really hard to keep the makeup stay until you’re done with the ceremony. Well, we thought of giving out some notable tips to you ahead of your big day so that you know the do’s and don’ts.
• To keep your makeup fresh and flawless throughout the marriage ceremony, it is suggested to get airbrush makeup. This is a little pricey but it is worth it. Ask your makeup artist to apply matte primer for maximal coverage.
• Keep your hair tidy to prevent excessive sweating. Also, this would give you a clean and elegant look.
• Instruct your MUA to use only powder-based products as they would last longer and will make you sweat less.
• Prevent glossy makeup as it would give you unnecessary shine in the summer season, that you obviously don’t need! Therefore, opt for matter products only.
• Last but not the least, use a good makeup setting spray to keep your makeup in place and avoid smearing, smudging and melting!