Malpua is one of those Indian sweets which is extremely tasty but is very difficult to make at home. It requires a certain level of precision to get these right. No matter what you do, something would go wrong with either the taste or the texture of the same.
Image Source: https://kitchenplatter.com
But don’t worry, today we have come with the perfect recipe for preparing these sumptuous little pancakes at home. Not only the steps are super easy to follow, but the end result is equally tasty. Believe me, your family and friends won’t stop praising you for making this.
- All-purpose flour- 125 gm
- Ground fennel- 1 tsp.
- Ground cardamom- 3-4
- Coconut powder- 1 tbsp.
- Sugar- ½ cup
- Milk- 3 tbsp.
- Clarified butter or ghee to deep fry
For the sugar syrup:
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Water – 1/3 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
- Saffron – 4 strands
Image Source: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/
- In a bowl, add the sugar and the milk and keep it aside.
- Now in another bowl, sift the flour so that there are no lumps in it. Add the fennel, cardamom and the coconut powder to the flour and mix them well.
- When the sugar has completely dissolved in the milk, add this sweetened milk to the flour mix while whisking it at the same time.
- Make sure that the mixture is neither too thick nor too thin. If the paste is too thick, add some water to get the right consistency.
- Now take a kadhai or a heavy bottomed pan and add the ghee to it. Place the kadhai on the stove top and let the ghee heat up.
- While your ghee is getting heated up, you can start making your sugar syrup.
- Add the sugar, water, cardamom and saffron in a saucepan. Stir all the ingredient and put on the flame.
- Let the sugar dissolve completely. Once the sugar has dissolved, let the syrup simmer on a low flame for 10-12 minutes and then turn off the heat.
- Once the ghee has heated up nicely, turn down the heat to medium.
- Now take a small bowl or ladle and start pouring the batter into the ghee, forming round little disks (make sure that the ghee is not too hot or too cold).
- Let the malpuas cook from one side. Once you see that the malpuas have attained a golden brown color, turn them to the other side. Let them cook from this side too.
- Take them out from the ghee and transfer directly to the sugar syrup and let them soak in it for a few minutes.
- Repeat this process with all the batter.
- Once your malpuas are ready, serve them hot.