With monsoon approaching soon, it becomes more important that you keep your furniture ready for this season. And if you have no idea how to take care of your furniture, then don’t worry as we have got you covered. Here are some tips to keep your furniture ready for the monsoon.
1. Try to keep the sofa cushions dry.
Image Source: luxdeco
2. Avoid placing hot things directly on the furniture.
Image Source: pgt-reclaimed
3. Change positions of the movable furniture if possible.
Image Source: vernon-manor
4. Make sure there is no stagnation around the furniture or walls behind or near seep water. Well, it’s hard to figure that out but if you don’t fix this problem in time, it can lead to serious issues.
Image Source: indianexpress
5. Let your furniture breathe by placing them in dry hair as much as possible.
Image Source: wordpress
6. Use door and drawers frequently during this season.
Image Source: thehome
7. If you have a solid wood furniture then, make sure they are treated well with varnish, wash or any other protective coating.
Image Source: sndimg
8. Cover the legs of the furniture with polymer and rubber brushes so that the surface underneath it doesn’t collect moisture.
Image Source: homedit
9. If you find any cracks between the furniture then, make sure you fill them up before monsoon hits as it can become the breeding ground of various insects.
Image Source: ytimg
10. If you live in an area which is very rainy then, make sure that you remove the entire moisture from the rooms using an AC or any other equipment.
Image Source: palaciodegoa
So, these were the few tips to keep your furniture ready for the monsoon.