Nowadays people have become so obsessed about the Skin Colour that they actually use it as a parameter to judge a person. Fair skin is often associated with high standard and stature and thus everyone wants to look fair. To fulfill this wish of a lot of people, several brands have come up with fairness products which claim to give you a fair complexion. But claiming is one thing and fulfilling those claims is another. Most of these products fail to deliver the promised results.
In fact, a better option is to try natural skin whitening remedies. These remedies are safe to use and the results you get are long lasting. Below we have mentioned 4 most effective home remedies for skin whitening, which will help you in getting the desired fairness.
1. Tomatoes- Tomatoes are rich in vitamin C and thus are very good for the overall health of the skin. But when it comes to skin whitening tomatoes are one of the best remedies. Since these are acidic in nature they also help in balancing the pH level of the skin. The antioxidants help in warding off free radicals which may also contribute to skin darkening. There are several ways in which you can use tomatoes for skin whitening.
- The first way to use tomato juice for skin whitening to apply the tomato pulp on your face directly. Extract the pulp of a ripe tomato and apply it on your face. Leave on the tomato pulp on your face for 10 minutes and then wash it off with plain water.
- You can also combine the tomato pulp with other ingredients according to your skin type. If you have dry skin, you can combine it with yogurt and if you have oily skin you can mix the tomato pulp with some lemon juice and use it as a face pack.
2. Aloe Vera– A compound named aloesin is found in aloe vera which helps in inhibiting the tyrosinase activity which in turn slows down the production of melanin. Lesser melanin production leads to the fairer skin. Along with the skin whitening properties, aloe vera also has various other benefits for the skin as well.
- In order to get the best results, you must use fresh aloe vera gel for this remedy.
- Take an aloe vera leaf and cut it open lengthwise.
- With the help of a spoon scoop out all the gel from the leaf and collect it in a bowl.
- Apply the gel on your face and neck.
- After 30 minutes wash off your face with plain water.
- Do this twice every day in order to get results.
3. Licorice root extract- Licorice or better known a mulethi in Hindi is also a great remedy for treating skin darkening. This Ayurveda secret not only helps in getting a fair complexion but also helps in getting rid of the dark circles, pigmentation and dark spots. a compound called blabridin is found in licorice which inhibits the production of melanin to a great extent. If you have oily or acne prone skin, then also it is a great natural product for you as the enzyme licochalcone acts as an oil controlling agent.
- You can apply the licorice extract directly onto your skin. All you need to do is pour out some licorice extract onto a cotton pad and swipe it all over your face and neck. Leave on the extract overnight on your face and wash it off the next morning.
- Another way of using licorice extract is by adding it to your face packs and even cleansers.
4. Kojic acid- Kojic is a naturally occurring substance and it is derived from mushrooms and other sorts fungi. Kojic acid is known to inhibit the tyrosinase activity thus preventing the production of melanin. This product originated in japan and is considered as one of the best skin whitening remedies. But people with sensitive skin should steer clear of the same and when using it for the first time make sure to do a patch test before applying it on a bigger surface.
- the best way to use kojic acid is by adding it to your moisturizer or cleanser.
- Add ½ to 1 tsp. of kojic acid to your moisturizer or cleanser and use it every day.
- Use the product twice daily in order to see results.