Ageing is an inevitable process and our skin is one of the first one to show the signs of ageing. With the increasing age, our skin starts to lose its firmness and starts to sag. Our face and neck start to develop wrinkles and fine lines. Even if you cannot stop the process of ageing but you can still alter the effect of ageing.
Today we are going to share with you some of the best homemade skin tightening face masks that will not only tighten up your skin but will also add moisture and glow to your face. Here are the top 5 skin whitening homemade face masks.
1. Egg white mask for skin tightening- Egg whites are very effective in tightening your skin and minimizing your pores. When used on a regular basis egg white masks can reduce the appearance of large pores significantly. Along with that, these can also help in reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Though the smell of eggs might be a turn-off but the results are totally worth it.
- For this mask, separate the egg white from the yolk.
- Whisk the egg white lightly with the help of a fork.
- Now with the help of a face mask brush or cotton, apply the whisked egg white all over your face and neck avoiding the eye area.
- Let the mask dry for 5-10 minutes and then wash it off with plain water.
- You will instantly feel the tightness in your face.
2. Egg white banana and honey mask- Banana is loaded with potassium and other essential minerals along with antioxidants which help in fighting with anti-ageing. It also reduces fine lines and wrinkles to a great extent. Honey add to the moisture content and elasticity of the skin making it soft and supple while the egg white acts as a skin tightening agent.
- For this mask, you need a ½ ripe banana, 1 tsp honey and 1 egg white.
- Mash the banana in a bowl and whisk the egg white and the honey lightly in another bowl.
- Now mix the banana with the egg white and honey to make a mask.
- Apply this mask all over your face and neck avoiding the eye area.
- Leave the mask on for 10-15 minutes and then wash it off with plain water.
3. Cabbage mask- This one may sound very weird to you but it actually works. French, especially Parisian women swear by this face mask. Cabbage is very high on a wide variety of vitamins and microelements such as vitamin A, C and E along with Sulphur. It cleanses the skin really well and also aids in firming up the skin.
- For the mask, you need 4 tbsp. minced cabbage, 1 egg white, 2 tsp. rice flour and 1 tsp. raw honey.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl to make a uniform mixture.
- Apply the mask on your face and neck avoiding the eye area.
- Let the mask dry and then wash it off with plain water.
4. Fullers earth mask- Fullers earth or multani mitti as we call it in India is one of the best masks if you want to tighten your skin. For increasing the skin tightening effect, even more, you can add egg white to this mask as well.
- For this mask, you need 1 tbsp. of fuller’s earth and 1 egg white
- Combine the two ingredients to make a thick paste.
- Apply the mask on your face and neck. Make sure you don’t go close to the under eye area.
- Let the face pack dry completely and then wash it off with plain water.
- Repeat this mask on a regular basis.
5. Yogurt, egg white and sugar mask- I’ve already mentioned about the skin tightening properties of egg white and when combined with yogurt and sugar, this mask will not only tighten your skin but will also brighten up your complexion.
- For the mask, you need 1 tsp. yogurt, 1 egg white and 1 tsp. castor sugar.
- Mix all the ingredients really well in a bowl to make a mask.
- Apply the mask on your face and neck, avoiding the eye area.
- Leave on the mask for 15 minutes and then wash it off with plain water.