Cucumbers are a staple in the summer season. It their refreshing and cool nature which makes them the perfect summer food. These are loaded with nutrients which are great for the body as well as the skin in general when applied topically. Cucumbers are naturally rich in anti-ageing, hydrating and soothing properties making them a perfect natural skincare ingredient. Keeping all these benefits in mind we have come up with 5 different ways in which you can utilize cucumbers to enhance your beauty.
1. Make your skin glow- Cucumbers can really help you with achieving that dewy and glowing skin when used on a regular basis. All you have to do is make a face mask by combining 3 tbsp. cucumber juice, ½ tsp. sandalwood powder and 2 tsp. lemon juice in a bowl. Mix all the ingredients really well. Apply the mask all over your face and neck ignoring the under eye area. Leave the mask on for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with water.
Image Source: porcelainfacespa
2. As a toner- If you have large pores then no need to get store bought toners any more. In fact, you can use this homemade toner prepared from cucumber to treat your pores. Plus, this toner does not contain alcohol which is a drying agent. To make this toner combine 2 tsp. honey with 4 tbsp. cucumber juice. Apply this toner every day on your face and neck in order to get great results.
Image Source: wannabemagazine
3. As a moisturising mask- If you have dry skin and looking for a mask that moisturises your skin without causing any damage to it then try out this cucumber mask for dry skin. In a bowl combine 2 tbsp. yogurt with 4 tbsp. cucumber juice. Mix the two ingredients really well and then apply this mask on your face and neck avoiding the eye area. Leave the mask on for 15 minutes and then wash it off with plain water. This mask is also very effective in treating sunburns as well.
Image Source: momjunction
4. As a – Don’t we all love the refreshing smell and cooling effect of cucumber? Since cucumbers are so refreshing and cooling in nature it works great when used as a body mist. To make this refreshing cucumber body mist, combine ¼ cup chilled green tea, 2 tbsp. aloe vera gel, 4 tbsp. cucumber juice and 2-3 drops of your favourite essential oil. Transfer this concoction to a clean spray bottle and shake it well. Store your body mist in the refrigerator and use it as and when required.
Image Source: lipstiq
5. To treat puffy eyes- Puffy eyes can make you look tired and can mess up your entire look. If you are also dealing with puffy eyes, then use cucumbers slices to rejuvenate your under eye area. All you have to do is place 2 slices of cucumber in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. Now place the chilled cucumber slices on your closed eyes. Keep them on your eyes for 15 minutes. This will reduce the puffiness around the area as well as reduce the appearance of dark circles.
Image Source: homesogood
Also Read: Get Fairer Skin In Few Days- Naturally