Women who long for straight and silky hair often opt for rebonding. Rebonding is a hair treatment in which your hair bonds are broken with the help of chemicals and new bonds are created, which give your hair straight and silky look. After rebonding your hair appear much more luminous and beautiful. But this process does not change your natural hair growth at all.
The process of rebonding involves the use of some heavy duty chemicals and therefore it is very important to take extra care your tresses after you get your hair rebonded. Not doing so, may lead to dry, brittle and damaged hair.
If you want to take better care of your hair, then read our haircare tips for rebonded hair.
1. Protect your hair from sun and pollution- Rebonding involves the use of a lot of chemicals and hence after getting your hair rebonded, your hair becomes extra fragile and sensitive. If you want to maintain the sanctity of your hair you need to protect it from sun, pollution and wind. Try to avoid going out in the sun as much as possible, since the harmful UVA and UVB rays of the sun can further damage your hair. Thus, make sure to cover your hair properly before heading out in the sun.
2. Choose products wisely- Chemical treated hair are extra sensitive and thus the products that you use on them needs to be chosen wisely. After getting your hair rebonded you cannot use your regular shampoo and conditioner as these will not fulfil the needs of chemically treated hair. You can ask your hair stylist to recommend a shampoo and conditioner depending on the condition of your hair. Also, make it a point to use a hair serum after washing your hair and avoid washing your hair too often.
3. Avoid hot showers- By no means use hot water for washing your hair. The hot water will further add to the damage of already damaged hair and will make them dry and brittle. Stick to lukewarm water for washing your hair.
4. Indulge in deep conditioning- After getting your hair rebonded it is very crucial that you deep condition your hair on a weekly basis. Invest in a good quality deep conditioner and give yourself a hair spa in order to replenish the lost moisture and to reverse the damage caused to your hair during the process of rebonding. You can also prepare a DIY moisturizing mask instead of a store bought one.
5. Avoid getting any other hair treatment- Rebonding itself is so damaging for the hair that you must at all cost should avoid getting any other hair treatment such as colouring or highlighting your hair. Avoid any such treatment for at least 6 months. Stay away from all sorts of hot tools as well.
6. Things to keep in mind- Always use a wide toothed comb to detangle your hair. Avoid combing wet hair as doing so will lead to breakage and hair fall. Get your hair trimmed at regular interval to avoid split ends. Along with that keep a check on your diet and include fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet as much as possible.