In this article, you will read about various skin types and some skin care tips that you can follow to get the healthy and supple skin.
Here are the skin types and some beauty tips that you can easily follow as per your skin’s texture.
The name oily suggests the texture of the skin itself. This means that the production of oil is excess in your skin and you need to apply certain tips to make your skin healthier and glowing naturally.
• Always follow the three-step process of Cleansing, Toning and Moisturizing.
• Remember to use either gel-based or oil-free moisturizers for your skin.
• Never forget to wash your face. And wash it more often in summer days, at least 2-3 times in a day.
• Use a mild cleanser that does not rip you of all your essential oils from your skin, leaving it dry and flaky. Your cleansers must include hyaluronic acid, salicylic acid, AHAs and sodium PCA.
• Also, avoid using such products that contain sodium or ammonium lauryl sulfate.
• Use oil-controlling formula foundation, that will prevent smudging of your makeup. And set your makeup with a compact at long to make it last longer.
• Always put a gel-based moisturizer first, before starting to put on your makeup.
• Follow the exfoliation process, at least once or twice in a week, to remove dead skin cells and unclog pores under the skin. It controls the production of excess oil as well.
Dry skin is caused due to the scarcity of essential oils and moisturizers in your skin. This kind of skin is usually flaky and rough, with small pores. The scarce secretion of sebum, skin’s own moisturizer, causes the skin to become dry.
• Use thick moisturizers, with good creamy texture, again and again on your skin, throughout the day.
• You must avoid toning for dry skin, as the alcohol content will only leave your skin, even more, dryer and damaged.
• Never use gel-based products, especially moisturizers.
• Use rose water to tone and cleanse your skin instead of alcohol-containing toners.
• Avoid ‘matte’ or ‘oil-free’ moisturizers and go for oil based hydrating moisturizers instead.
• If you wish to achieve a matte look, then take a small amount of a dewy foundation and combine it with a good compact. This will do the trick.
• Avoid products with AHAs, peptides and ginseng extracts.
This kind of skin is usually oily in the T-zone and normal to dry in the other parts of the face. You need to take a good care, which is similar to the oily skin. But, you need different ingredients to use for the skin care of the combination type skin.
• You can apply gel-based moisturizers.
• Use light and oil-free foundations and light-weight compacts instead of loose or mineral powders.
• Instead of cleansers or toners, use aloe based products that will keep your skin hydrated and clean.
• Use products that have retinol, salicylic acid, glycolic acid and hyaluronic acid for the ingredients.
• Avoid using products that contain mineral oils or sodium or ammonium lauryl sulfate.
Now that you know what you must and must not do to get a healthy and supple skin, you can easily follow these tips. Share other tips with us, in the comment box below!