Strawberry compote is a very simple and easy-to-make sauce recipe that you prepare within 20 minutes. You can use this sauce as a dressing for various food items like french toast, waffles, ice cream etc. And you can even store this sauce for one week in the refrigerator. So, try out this simple compote recipe at home and enjoy with your family and friends.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Ingredients needed for strawberry compote:
- Strawberry- 4 cups
- Lemon juice- 1/4th cup
- Sugar- 1/4th cup
Now, how to make strawberry compote:
- First, wash the strawberries thoroughly in water.
- Now, cut them into two halves and keep aside.
- In the meantime, take a saucepan and place it over medium flame.
- Then, add sugar and freshly squeezed lemon juice in it.
- Once the sugar melts completely add the strawberry slices into the mixture.
- After that let it cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Keep stirring the mixture in between and also try to mash the strawberries.
- Cook till the mixture gets a thick consistency and fruit pieces turn soft.
- Add more sugar, if needed.
- And your strawberry compote is ready. (Make sure you cool the compote before using)