South Indian food is something for which people crave like crazy. And when it comes to everyone’s favorite Idli and sambhar, no one can control themselves from taking a bite of this appetizing recipe.
Well, I am sure that most of you might have tried the Idli recipe at home, but today we are going to share an Idli recipe with a twist i.e oats idli recipe. This easy-to-make recipe is not only simple, but it also tastes amazing. So, try out this simple recipe at home and enjoy with your family and friends.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Ingredients needed for oats idli recipe:
- Oats- 2 1/2 cups
- Semolina- 2 1/2 cups
- Baking soda- 1/2 teaspoon
- Peas- 6 tablespoons
- Salt- 3 pinches
- Coriander leaves- 1 handful (chopped)
- Green chilli- 1 teaspoon (chopped)
- Yogurt- 1 1/2 cup
- Asafoetida- 1 teaspoon
- Carrot- 6 tablespoons (chopped)
- Mustard seeds- 2 tablespoons
- Oil- 1/2 cup
- Buttermilk- 420 ml
Now, how to make oats idli:
- First, dry roast the oats over medium flame for 3 minutes and keep them aside.
- Now, grind them to form a smooth powder.
- Then, transfer the oats powder to a separate bowl.
- In the meantime, dry roast semolina till they turn golden brown in color.
- After that, mix the roasted semolina into the oats powder.
- Now, take a kadhai and heat it over a medium flame with some oil.
- Then, add mustard seeds to it and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped carrot, green chilli and peas to the pan and saute for 2 minutes.
- After that, add the oats mixture to the kadhai and mix.
- Add coriander leaves, buttermilk, asafoetida, salt, cooking soda to the kadhai.
- Mix all the ingredients properly to get a batter like consistency.
- Now, turn off the flame and cover the kadhai with a lid.
- In the meantime, grease the idli plates with some oil.
- Then, add the idli batter that you prepared into the plates and steam cook.
- Once done, place the prepared idlis on a separate plate.
- And your oats idli is ready to be served.