Peanut rice recipe is a very simple and easy-to-make dish that you can prepare for lunch and dinner. This dish is basically a South Indian recipe which is prepared with rice, coconut, roasted peanuts, and red chillies. And the taste of this recipe is extremely delicious. So, try out this recipe at home and treat your family and friends.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Ingredients needed for peanut rice recipe:
• Rice- 1 cup
• Salt- as per requirement
• Turmeric- 1 teaspoon
• Peanuts (roasted)- 1 tablespoon
• Sesame seeds- 1/4th tablespoons
• Coconut (grated)- 1/4th tablespoon
• Dry red chilli- 8
• Refined oil- 1 tablespoon
• Cumin seeds- 1 teaspoon
• Mustard seeds- 1 teaspoon
• Urad dal- 1 teaspoon
• Chana dal- 1 teaspoon
• Curry leaves- 6
• Green chilli- 3
• Asafoetida- 1/4th teaspoon
• Water- 2 cups
Now, how to make peanut rice:
• First, wash the rice in the running water.
• Add it to the pressure cooker with 2 cups of water.
• Cook it for about 3 whistles.
• Meanwhile, cut the green chillies and put it in a separate bowl.
• Once the rice is cooked open the lid and then spread the rice in a wide plate.
• Add a teaspoon of oil to it to avoid stickiness.
• Now, take a kadhai and put it on a medium flame.
• Then, roast dry red chillies, sesame seeds, and grated coconut.
• After that transfer it to a separate bowl.
• Add the roasted spices and peanuts to a grinder and form powder.
• Now, heat some oil in the same kadhai.
• Add mustard seeds, chana dal, cumin seeds, urad dal, and asafoetida.
• Now, let them fry for few seconds.
• After that add green chillies, curry leaves and remaining dry red chillies.
• Saute them for a minute and add the cooked rice.
• Stir and mix well with the spices.
• Add salt as per requirement with turmeric, roasted spices mixture.
• Mix all the ingredients nicley.
• Then, turn off the flame.
• And your peanut rice is ready.